Are you a son, daughter or family member taking care of an elderly Veteran, couple, or surviving spouse? If so, did you know we could hire and pay you as a Caregiver? It’s true. When we meet compassionate family members like you that are already providing non-medical home care for your loved ones, we have three (3) options on how our services could affect you in a positive way. They are:
If YOU (a family member) provide the care:
- We would treat you like one of our own employees.
- You would be a W-2 employee, train online, etc.
- Some families see the value in getting paid for their work at home.
- We would pay you like the rest of our Caregivers on staff (bi-monthly).
If WE (Veterans Aide at Home) provide the care:
- We would use our qualified Caregivers to provide care.
- Some family members need a break, also known as ‘respite care.’
- Our services would give relief to family members.
- We would stagger our shifts that could revolve around you and your loved one’s existing schedules.
If BOTH (you the family member and VAAH) share the responsibilities; it’s called Split-Care:
- We would simply split the hours of the benefit between you and one of our staffed Caregivers.
- Some families like split-care, especially for clients that don’t need much help and therefore require few hours of care.
- Most families allow Caregivers to do light house cleaning, meal prep, etc. so the family members can enjoy their retired Veteran or widow with less ‘chores.’
- As conditions change over time, we see most families making minor time adjustments (i.e. less time with family members being the provider, more time with our Caregivers as the provider), due mostly to a natural decline in the health of the Veteran, couple, or surviving spouse.